It took almost a year to get it done. At first I tried with acrylics, but got frustrated when I couldn’t get it right. I hid it in a drawer, disappointed because I wasted canvas. I decided to give it another try when I bought oil paints. The initial idea was to paint a girl laying under a cherry tree. Last summer I already painted two pieces that were called ‘Cherry tree’ and this was supposed to be series but I abandoned the idea. So here’s a girl laying under a random tree. The facture of the grass is terrible because I put too much paint on the first layer but at least she looks rather nice. My scanner didn’t scan it completely right, it blurred the picture a bit but I tried so many times that I finally gave up.